Top of page
- Diosmin 95 Complex. Product License. Stragen Pharma. July 25, 2014.
- Cospite M. Double-blind, placebo-controlled evaluation of clinical activity and safety of Daflon 500 mg in the treatment of acute hemorrhoids. Angiology 1994;45(6 Pt 2):566-73.
Double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled study of 100 patients with a history of hemorrhoidal disease and suffering from an acute attack who were randomized to diosmin 500 mg (Diosmin 90% and Hesperidin 10%) for 7 days (3 tablets BID for 4 days and 2 tablets BID for 3 days) or placebo.
- Chauvenet M, Libeskind M. Intérêt de la diosmine d'hemisynthèse dans la poussée hémorroïdaire aiguë (Interest of semisynthetic diosmin in acute hemorrhoidal pressure). Revue française de gastro-entérologie 1994;303 :642-7.
Multicentre, double-blind study of 94 patients suffering from either external hemorrhoidal thrombosis requiring medical treatment or internal congestive hemorrhoidal crisis who were randomized to diosmin 600mg (3 tablets TID for 4 days and 2 tablets/day for 3 days) or placebo.
- Debien P, Denis J. Traitement des signes fonctionnels de la crise hémorroïdaire aiguë (Treatment of functional symptoms of acute hemorrhoidal attack). Actualités Therapéutiques 1996;25(5):259-64.
Multicentre, double-blind study of 127 patients suffering from hemorrhoidal crisis with pain evolving for at least 48 hrs, who were randomized to diosmin (DH) 600 mg (3 tablets/day for 7 days) or Ginkgo biloba extract-heptamitol-troxerutin (GHT) (4 tablets/day for 7 days).
- Metrika. Hemorrhoid Market U&A and NPOT Study: Report of Findings. November, 2013.
Online market research survey conduced between October 7 and 17, 2013 among 1000 hemorrhoid sufferers across Canada who had bought an OTC hemorrhoid treatment in the past 6 months
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database – Online. Diosmin Monograph. Accessed September 26, 2013.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Hemorrhoids. Available at: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddISeases/pubs/hemorrhoids/index.aspx.
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada. Hemorrhoids: reducing the pain and discomfort. Available at: http://www.cfpc.ca/projectassets/templates/resource.aspx?id=4218&langType=4105
- Mayo Clinic. Hemorrhoids. Available at:
- Callosum. Packaging Market Research, November 2013.
- American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons. Hemorrhoids. Available at: http://www.fascrs.org/patients/conditions/hemorrhoids/.